Puppet Pals Mitch and Clem (voiced by: Rob Paulsen and Tom Kenny) are puppets seen in a TV show during the Justice Friends segments. They also appear in short live-action time-filler segments of their own. Their appearances are a parody of Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street . They also perform behind a Sesame Street-like wall. Their main sketch is Mitch bonking Clem on the head, which is most likely a reference to classic puppets Punch and Judy. In one episode they are controlled by Major Glory and Valhallen and vice versa in Krunk's dream. They also made an appearance in The Powerpuff Girls episode, "Mommy Fearest".
Puppet Pal Mitch (voiced by Rob Paulsen) is always on the right of the screen during the Puppet Pals Show. He styles a purple colored "bonker," which he uses to hit Clem in almost every skit. He wears a white shirt with a red bow tie similar to Pee-wee Herman's. He sports a somewhat puberty-like voice.
Puppet Pal Clem (voiced by Tom Kenny) is the lesser known of the duo. He is shorter than Mitch, and wears a hat with a flower on it, along with a striped shirt. He receives a bonk on the head by Mitch in every episode, and his voice is similar to that of Barney Gumble from "The Simpsons" as portrayed by Dan Castellaneta .
Dexter's Lab Appearances
- Quiet Riot (Clem's cameo as a toy)
- Last But Not Beast (Clem's cameo)
- Bad Cable Manners (Clem's cameo)
The Justice Friends Appearances
- In the episode, Last But Not Beast, Puppet Pal Clem made a cameo as one of the people in the crowd when Dexter fired a bullet and it went through everyones hats.
- They have been seen making cameos in episodes of The Powerpuff Girls. In the episode Mommy Fearest, The Powerpuff Girls and Professor were seen watching T.V. Puppet Pals. In the episode Hot Air Buffoon, they were seen in a video game that Bubbles and Buttercup were playing. They also made an appearance briefly in a movie in the episode Powerprof.