- Mom: What?
The Next Day
- Dexter: Why didn't you stop for me?
- Ice Cream Man: April 19, one year ago: It is first day on job. Everything is going well until you come. You wanted most expensive ice cream. I make suggestion of cheaper ice cream, but no, you want expensive one. So after I give you ice cream, you pay in pennies. Do you know how long it took me to count those pennies.
- Dexter: At an average human rate, I'd say about...5 hours and 33 minutes?
- Ice Cream Man: Precisely. And when the counting is done, it's time to put pennies in safe. When I'm noticing my shoelaces are untied. Now, I obviously can't stop to tie my shoes since someone has given me a heavy jar of pennies, and the ice cream man rules say to put any amount over a dollar into safe. So, I trip, and I break a tooth. The pain, it is so bad. My wife left me, I lose apartment, I lose car, I'm forced to live on street with wild animals, I CAN'T EVEN EAT ICE CREAM BECAUSE OF THE PAIN!! ALL BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID PENNIES!!!
- (Cut to the outside of the truck; the ice cream man is heard screaming; cut back to the inside; the ice cream man has a red face and is breathing heavily)
- Dexter: You know, I still have all of my baby teeth. I'm sorry. I'm really, really, really, really sorry.
- Ice Cream Man: Forget about it, kid.
- Dexter: At last! Ice cream treat!
- Ice Cream Man: Dollar fifty, please.
- Dexter: You got change for a $100? (hands him a $100 bill)
- Ice Cream Man: AAAAAHHHHHH!
|"Hmm, something's still wrong, but what?!"|