Trivias in "Dexter's Laboratory" episode "Changes".
- Dexter, Dee Dee, and Mom's first debut on screen.
- This is the first pilot episode of Dexter's Laboratory. The other three being The Big Sister, Old Man Dexter, and Dumb Like Dee Dee.
- This episode is quite similar to a Calvin and Hobbes storyline where Calvin invents a transmogrifier machine where during an argument between them they transform each other into various animals.
- When Dee Dee opened Dexter's door, she used an express card.
- The newspaper delivery guy at the beginning of the episode is seen again in the episode "Last But Not Beast".
- This episode was referenced to in the episode "Rude Removal" when Dee Dee asked Dexter if he was building a machine that changed people into animals.
- When Dexter is turned into a bunny, his shadow is shown to be in his human form.
- When Dexter is turned into an animal, he doesn't seem to have his glasses, except when he's a penguin.
- Dee-Dee is turned into a goat and she rams a hole through Dexter's bedroom door. Later in the episode, Mom comes up to the door and the hole is not there.
- When Dee Dee goes into Dexter's room and looks into his lab, the bookshelf doorway is not there.
- When Dee Dee opened her door, it revealed that the inside of her room was teal, but in most episodes, such as "Dee Dee's Room", her room was pink.
- This episode was originally titled "Dexter's Laboratory" while it was still the pilot episode.
- This episode was produced in the same year of 1995 according to the credits.
- This episode was aired twice in the series. Once as it's pilot self when it was titles "Dexter's Laboratory", and another when it had been renamed as "Changes".
- This was the first episode of Dexter's Laboratory ever to air on TV.
- This episode aired on "World Premiere Toons", though it's not in its entirety.